Rupi Kaur performs in Barcelona & NYC Pride weekend // What we're reading & watching
Rupi Kaur performing one of our favourites of her poems in Barcelona.
"just being a woman
makes me utterly whole
• The Daily Beast's reporting on the companies that are getting rich off of separating children from their parents at the US-Mexico border.
"'Let’s be clear, private contractors like MVM have only one goal: making money,' Warren said. 'They are the only people high-fiving each other as more and more children are separated from their parents.'"
• Personal style as "an act of defiance" at NYC Pride on Sunday.
• How Oprah's network finally found its voice.
"Start here, with an image. Alter one. Then another. And another. Color them with truth. Frame by frame. And do not stop. That is how revolution begins in television."
• Women who wear hijab are the originators of the finsta.
• The scientific benefits of being able to laugh at yourself.
If you want to receive these links, along with personal insights from me, first each week, sign up for my newsletter here!